The Cathelco BWT system has a number of unique features that enhance its effectiveness and reliability. View the animation and see how Cathelco have used their experience of the shipping industry to design a system which is efficient, compact and easily installed on a wide range of vessels.
Cathelco offer the choice of two types of filters to remove larger organisms and particles from the ballast water. Both of the filters are made by well established, high quality European manufacturers. The filter units are available in capacities from 50m3/hr to 1,200 m3/hr with 40 micron screen mesh.
- Twin UV lamps in each chamber to render organisms, bacteria and pathogens harmless.
- Each chamber can treat up to 200m3/hr of seawater.
- Water travels in ‘helix’ to maximise exposure.
- Available for single installation or in series via manifolds.
The amount of turbidity (suspended solids) in the seawater has a direct effect on the efficiency of the UV treatment process. For this reason, the Cathelco BWT system constantly measures the UV transmittance of the water in front of the UV chamber, allowing for automatic adjustments to differing water qualities.
The control system can be accessed in a number of ways according to the size of the vessel and customer preferences.
- Control interface located on the control panel.
- Remote control interface, allowing access to the control panel from a more convenient location.
- Fully integrated with the ship’s computer systems with mimic screens using part of the vessel’s management system.